Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When things seem to "fall" apart

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ZNC on February 12, 2003 at 09:53:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When things seem to "fall" apart posted by John Edens on February 12, 2003 at 07:06:25:

OK, tats it. I'm sick of these sob stories. The fact that AD/HD, as you call it, is a disorder is a matter for debate. I know of a child who was diagnosed by mistake with this "disorder" This childs life, as well as the lives of his parents were ruined by school counselors, psychologists, and administrators. Just because a child is active, "hyper" or inquisitive, is no reason to medicate him/her. These are hardcore drugs. Basically you are giving a child speed! Since when is that a good solutiuon for anything. Why must people make up constant excuses for themselves. From what I can gather from my "ignorant" observations, and I thanks God everyday for my parents who were skeptical about me having AD/HD, this is a tool to make children easier to control, epecially male children. Just because a boy is acting like a boy, is no reason to medicate him. A good dose of discipline, and parents teaching their children right from wrong, is the best solution you could ever hope to come up with. This may sound cold, and unfeeling, but I really don't care. The harmful side effects of this treatment far outweigh the positive aspects of it. To me that doesn't seem like much of a choice to me.
You can call me ig norant, which I can almost guarantee that you and many others will, but that just shows your ignorance sir. You know what the definition of ignorance, a racist, bigot, or any other of these pet phrases is? Anypone winning an argument with a liberal.
ZNC

Follow Ups: