Please help identify 2 anon BBb tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on February 14, 2003 at 11:17:17:

The first one has been made anonymous by the exchange of the bell after the original one having been crushed. The history follow through multiple ownerships of the instrument has not saved the knowledge, whether the unmarked replacement bell came out of the original factory.

However the tuning slide of the 4th valve tubing has a distinct placement, that I have never seen before. Not that this placement offers easy on-the-fly-tuning-adjustments, but it very well might turn out to be a precise identification parameter.

Those in the know might even be able to determine, whether the replacement bell equals the original one.

Another identification parameter would be the "ridges" on the large ferrules, as would the shape of the lyre holder base plate.

Hopefully a picture showing the instrument will occur above here. Additional picture can be found through the link given below here.

To avoid misunderstandings: My request for identification of this instrument as well of the one presented in the following posting does only come out of historical interest. I don't own any of these, and I am not not involved in transactions concerning either of them

Klaus

(no membership of any group is necessary to access the link)

Follow Ups: