Gene Pokorny Visit (AT) UGA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Zerkel on February 18, 2003 at 11:36:00:

Greetings.

Just wanted to drop a reminder note that Gene Pokorny will be in residence at UGA on Sunday, March 2 and Monday, March 3. All of his events are free and open to anyone who wishes to attend. I would encourage students from around the south to make the trip to hear Gene in this setting, as we don't have the chance to hear him play in this neck of the woods. This is a rare opportunity to hear some truly awe-inspiring playing!

The schedule of events is as follows:

Sunday, March 2- 4:30- Recital, Edge Recital Hall. (Possibly moving to Ramsey, which is across the sidewalk)

Monday, March 3- 11:15- Gene will present a chat on life in the orchestra from his perspective. I have heard him speak on this topic before and his wisdom is indispesnable for anyone wishing to pursue an orchestral career. This will take place in the Choral Suite, across from Edge Hall. From 1:30 to 3:00, Gene will teach in a masterclass setting. This event will take place in Edge as well.

If you have any questions or need information on how to find us, hotels, etc. please feel free to drop me a note!

Follow Ups: