Re: Dillon adjustable gap receiver

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on February 25, 2003 at 13:04:24:

In Reply to: Dillon adjustable gap receiver posted by Ed Vinson on February 25, 2003 at 12:37:17:

From what I remember, makes zero difference in tone quality. My impression is that is most affected instrument feedback. It made the horn feel different. The "slotting" of notes could be dialed in and out. Perhaps this would affect some peoples perception of articulation or slurring, depending on the setting.

In the end, though, it is a gravy product though. You will still have the same meat and potatoes reaped from the practice room, but the AGR might give you a little more confidence in some situations.

Matt did some work on my Yorkbrunner using the same wisdom he used to design the AGR. Little things like bevelling and ferril gap adjustment, or however it is spelled, made the horn much more perceptibly comfortable for me to play. Best thing he did was cutting that dad gum 3rd slide down enough to put Eb's in a western scale.

I have some pictures I took, that I have misplaced at the moment of the work in progress including his blowtorch and smoke. Gotta find those photos.

Follow Ups: