Re: Recording Casterede?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mjg on February 04, 2004 at 13:07:35:

In Reply to: Recording Casterede? posted by I.K.L. on February 03, 2004 at 20:21:09:

If you are too poor to hire someone, you need a job or if you are working, you need to put in a few more hours. A decent accompanist would cost less than $100. If you have your act together, probably less, i.e. know your part and the piano's so you don't require any more than 1 hour of rehearsal.

Seems like most pianist charge around $25 per hour of rehearsal and $50 for a recital, taping, whatever.

If you go to a decent university, they should be able to get one for you for nothing or next to it as part of the accompaning class requirements. If you do not go to college and are still in high school, try the nearest good college/university and see if they have any students who could help you out.

While you will want to have the piano part performed as well as possible, remember they will e listening to you far more than the pianist. If I were a judge, I think I would pass rather quickly if I had to listen to someone singing the piano accompaniement. If it were bad enough, I would make copies of the tape to have around for the next "listening party".

Follow Ups: