Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serious question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe exley on February 05, 2004 at 18:13:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: serious question posted by Rick Denney on February 05, 2004 at 12:02:28:

Yes!

Please don’t get me wrong, I am NOT complaining about the current ITEA... (I love you guys!) and focusing on more "out-there" stuff is not necessarily all I am talking about! (there is a fair amount of that)

Speaking pro-actively, things that I would like to see are (affiliated/produced with/by ITEA)

- A database of who played what on historical/loved recordings (like Brian Fredricksen did so wonderfully with the CSO in Song and Wind)

- A database of jazz recordings including tuba (and euph of course)

- A database of ROCK recordings including tuba (yup, they are out there)

- A database of mainstream media performances including tuba (like who was on TV and when)

- A COMPREHENSIVE database/calendar of who is playing what and when around the world. (this is very important)

- A database of players, professional, amateur, student, virtual, wanna-be, martian, underwater, and the likes -- what horns they play on, what they play etc.

- AND press/publications designed towards the NON-tuba playing public – to help show the world just what we can do (‘cause we already know it!!)

There could be so much more (cant post more now, outa time - gotta get on the road)

I hope the ITEA legends and bigwigs are reading this :)
Perhaps a formal proposal would be in order.

peace

joe

Follow Ups: