Re: Re: horns and mouthpieces for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Gaunt on February 08, 2004 at 01:33:31:

In Reply to: Re: horns and mouthpieces for sale posted by bl on February 07, 2004 at 23:57:16:

The horn I am using for my CC is the MW 2145 - I have been playing it for a couple years now and am really used to it. In the last 10 years, I have been through a number of CC's, many of which have been great, and I have gone from apples to oranges to limes to bananas. I have no reservations about any of these three horns as a great all around instrument, I am just really used to the 2145, and messing around with the others when I am not on the road doesn't do as much for my playing as focusing on the one horn would. I must say that I prefer the feel of pistons a little bit (and they are also easier to get fixed since so much of my playing is on the road). There are things about both the rudy and the 32 that I actually like better than my 2145, but for me the 2145 is a better fit and a really good compromise. The pairing of the 2145 and the small yamamha f works really well for me and how I happen to play (everybody's different!)

Thanks - and happy to provide more info if needed...

Matthew "should have gone to bed hours ago, so pardon my rambling since I am a bit sleepy" Gaunt

Follow Ups: