Re: Gene Pokorny's clinic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lisa on February 08, 2004 at 07:33:55:

In Reply to: Gene Pokorny's clinic posted by Interested party on February 07, 2004 at 21:16:42:

I loved this clinic. Being in the "almost-30" category, it definitely made me see things differently. Sure people think I am in high school when they see me, but I know the truth...

Leland's post covers the basic jist of the clinic very well. In addition to all those points, I just got chills because of the pervading sense of the importance of "making music" that Mr. P. discussed. His playing gave me goosebumps, and there were a few times in the talk that I thought I would burst into tears! (Yes, I am an "overly-sensitive girl"!) In struggling to find answers as to where music fits into my life, this clinic gave me some idea of what those answers are, and how to accept them. I honestly think it changed my life.

The point that moved me the most was the quote: "Never allow your musical voice to be silenced." I think that applies to every one of us, regardless of whether we are pro tuba players, or attorneys, or what-have-you.

So while on the surface the clinic very thoroughly discussed the process of aging as a musician, for me it also taught me how to KEEP music in my life AS I age on some deeper level. Overall, the whole experience was just incredibly awesome; it changed my life.

JMHO,
~lisa

JMHO,
~lisa

Follow Ups: