Re: Re: I have a confession. I HATE TO TEACH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by More thoughts on February 09, 2004 at 08:32:43:

In Reply to: Re: I have a confession. I HATE TO TEACH posted by Dennis on February 09, 2004 at 07:07:27:

As I was driving into school this morning, I was further pondering this idea--and a few more thoughts came to me
Do I enjoy what I do? Absolutely, no doubts--to be allowed to do what I like to do, to have been afforded a myriad of experiences while doing that, and all before the age of 40--this is an amazing thing to me.
Am I even amongst the top 50% of what I do? I doubt it, personally, because I forever see new things to be tried, new angles to go from in helping a student. I never, ever felt that any of my teachers were trying new things--always solid, always dead on. (and I don't mean that in a bad way, at all) I do feel I'm passing on to a new set of ears what I was taught, but I never seem satisfied with my delivery. Thus, a new set of challenges every day, as I strive to get the point(s) across.

In no way am I saying this life is for everyone, nor am I even trying to hint that I'm on top of it--I feel I do a pretty decent job, but there's always more to learn about teaching. I guess it comes down to being willing to continually work at beign better at teaching. I never hated it, so I'm willing to work at it.

dwa

Follow Ups: