Besson EEb 983-2 + H2O

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roboslack on February 09, 2004 at 23:55:18:

This question for the group is really a cry for help. All comments/flames are welcome.
The question is what to do when the Besson EEb 983-2 instrument voids all over itself upon resting on the bell, to allow for a two-hands-free operation, of ones music and music stand.

I have relieved each water key and gone so far as to pull the suspected tuning slides to vacate any excess water without success. It seems that this beautiful instrument that sings soooo beautifully has been cursed with an incontinence problem, downward and upon itself all over the bell. If it were to end there, I would be so humble as to finish my gentle nudging, of proper pitches as the arranger and/or composer has so literally suggested I do, with pride.

But noooo, to my constant surprise, when this beautiful, silver plated, love of my life, is turned upright, to allow for the resumption, of those heavenly tonal colors to proceed lofting toward the heavens, I am interrupted by a shower of spit droplets ejecting themselves from the bell ring upon my very person.

It seems that the entire horn drains through the valves and out through the lead pipe. I have carried towels, and they offer some comfort; but what I was wondering was - Has anyone experienced this incontinence problem and whatever did they do about it? Laying the Besson across the lap is out (too crowded/dent dangerous).

Any and all responses will be appreciated.

Robo, (who is tempted to resort to one of those little things with wings affixed under his mouthpiece) Slack

Follow Ups: