Re: Kalison 2001?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles on February 11, 2004 at 11:32:14:

In Reply to: Kalison 2001? posted by semi-anon on February 10, 2004 at 22:01:28:

One of the best sounding horns I have ever played was my old Kalison Pro 2000. The only horn that came close is the Rudy 45 that I am playing now. The sound was fantastic and the intonation was as good as anything else out there. That being said I did have 2 knits to pick with the horn..... the screws in the valve section would come loose and either rattle or fall out at inopportune times ( I'm sure this could be fixed relatively easily though ) and the Ab on the top line of the staff was pretty twitchy ( this was a problem on every Kalison I have ever played ). The playing characteristics tend to vary pretty greatly between horns so you would need to play as many as possible. If they could overcome these two issues and get more consistent in quality control I'm convinced more people would be playing them. I had heard that the 2001 went a long way toward achieving this but ( unfortunately ) I have not had the opportunity to play one and am unlikely to change horns again as I am very satisfied with my Rudy.

Follow Ups: