Re: Re: HELP PLEASE< DEBATE OF THE CENTURY!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jon on February 13, 2004 at 02:48:34:

In Reply to: Re: HELP PLEASE< DEBATE OF THE CENTURY!! posted by ed on February 12, 2004 at 17:05:56:

"Do your own research." Asking people is research. And it's good research in this case because the people on this BBS would have an idea. Also, when someone posts something wrong it gets corrected.

"hopefully you will eventually grow up and listen to people who know what they are talking about." This is an arrogant statment.

"Your teacher didn't get to where he is by not knowing basic fingerings." Maybe he did, or at leaste isn't it possible that he forgot them by now. I've had great teachers, but I've also had plenty of stupid teachers, who just do enough to keep their jobs.

If she was truly arrogant ,she would not be asking people. She would have just played the note however she wanted to.

It's fine to question people's authority, as long as the person knows that they themselves are subject to questioning, i.e., they "know that they do not know." Said yet another way, they should be open to the possibilty that they are wrong.

Follow Ups: