Silent Brass Spare Part-Solved at last!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Press on February 19, 2004 at 10:19:20:

Some good news for anyone who has ever used the Yamaha Silent Brass and had a part break...

After countless phone calls that ended with dead ends, I finally reached someone at Yamaha that helped me in obtaining spare parts for the Yamaha Silent Brass for tuba. Her name is Lyne (pronounced like Lynn) Selleck (no relation to Tom, as far as I know!). Her phone number is (616) 940-4945 and her email is lselleck(AT)yamaha.com.

Lyne was very friendly and incredibly helpful. She first told me what the part number was for the clasp that attaches form the elastic band to the tuba bell (V-3975000 for any others who need this part). Then she offered to send a couple spare parts to me out of her limited stock behind the counter. When I told her that there were others with the same plight as me, she said she would definitely be ordering more spare parts and that I could pass her name and info on to other tubists in need.

I had spoken to several other people at Yamaha and at other music establishments and the best solution I got was to order through a Yamaha dealer, wait 3 months and pay $36 for this part. Seemed a little crazy to me!

Thanks to Lyne for epitomizing what customer service CAN be!

Follow Ups: