Re: Re: Re: You HAVE to hear this

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on February 19, 2004 at 19:25:57:

In Reply to: Re: Re: You HAVE to hear this posted by Rick Denney on February 19, 2004 at 17:47:15:

My BRAND NEW computer is totally MS-free (thank the powers that be) and I am soooo happy about that that I could just tinkle on myself!

Leave the Dark Side and its fell Media Player. Get thyself QuickTime.

BTW - I can do WMV files. But this MIME type will not even tell me what it is. And I have never, since 1995, had a virus that affected my system. I have gotten over 20 macro viruses in e-mail attachments from Windows/Intel-using friends that did nothing to my Mac. But the little buggers were kind enough to send copies of themselves to my address book lists.

BTW (again) - I think that the older Mac OS was harder to write for. I am afraid that I will get a nasty virus with OS X. I have read that OS X (a FreeBSD *NIX flavor) has much better built-in protections, but that UNIX is a little easier to mess with as it is so much more common. The Mac has always been a little more secure and a lot less common, so it is less interesting to most "script kiddies".

Oh well.

How ya been, Rick?

Wade "undamaged by viruses for nine years and not seeing any reason to join the collective" Rackley

Follow Ups: