Re: Re: PT-20, 1291, RUDY 4/4 rotor?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on February 19, 2004 at 22:40:45:

In Reply to: Re: PT-20, 1291, RUDY 4/4 rotor????? posted by Charles on February 19, 2004 at 21:15:22:

I agree completely. I own the 4/4 as well and it is by far the best CC I've ever played. The rotary 4345, IMO, is much better than the piston because of the low range response. I felt I had to approach the piston model like an F tuba or bass trombone when I got to Great G and below. The 4/4 takes it and asks for more, but it can dance with the best. I played the both versions of the 20 a few years ago and like the rotary better, but I wasn't inspired by my sound from those horns as I am the Rudy. I felt likewise about the Willson. There is a 4/4 on the Willson web site that I would like to try, though. I'm guessing it's like the early Kurath 4/4's that played pretty well. I cannot offer any info on the Miraphone but Roger Lewis and others are drueling over this model. There was a handmade HB2 that had metal valves that was being advertised for sale. Don't know if it's still available, but that horn rocked. David Fedderly had it at ITEC in 2002 and if I had had the money then, I would have purchased it. I think the owner was asking something like $7500. It's not new, but it's WORTH IT!

Follow Ups: