Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on February 20, 2004 at 15:33:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by olive branch on February 20, 2004 at 15:11:06:

Not at all. I've REPEATEDLY stated that they have the right to meet or not meet my expectations. I'm merely making clear that one of my criteria was -- and is -- prompt email replies. In other words I'm only telling them all that when/how/how not stuff IF they want to sell to ME. They can then choose not to sell to me if they like, and with no hard feelings, I assure you.

Frankly, my hope -- and expectation -- was to get others to express how important this was to them, in order to encourage merchants to continue their good practices and, where needed, improve them. I fear, however, that seeing the degree to which tuba players are willing to be neglected, some shops may sense that they can pay LESS attention to this aspect of their business. So if you're dying to get me to say I was wrong about something, how's this: I didn't realize that most folks on this list were quite such subserviant shoppers.

One more thing -- before you get huffy about having email as a criteria, consider that I have some serious problems talking on the phone. Would you begrudge a guy in a wheelchair from making a ramp a criteria for good service? For me, this is little if any different.

Joe Baker, who is leaving for the weekend now.

Follow Ups: