Re: Marine fleet band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on February 23, 2004 at 09:52:48:

In Reply to: Marine fleet band posted by contemplating on February 21, 2004 at 22:36:47:

Also look strongly at the Navy, Air Force and Army Band systems.

Look at how quickly you pick up rank (= more pay).

Look at the sign-up benefits (= college money and/or cash bonus).

Look at what bands have openings.

Call any band and talk to anyone who has been in for 2 years and for 4-6 years. Get their perspectives. ALSO...CHECK WITH THE BANDS YOU CALL TO MAKE SURE THAT THE RECRUITER YOU ARE DEALING WITH ACTUALLY KNOW'S THEIR STUFF! You can go to army bands online (below) and speak to an actual band recruiter. They have no quota, so their motives are at least a little more pure than a regular recruiter.

The Marines might be a great fit for you, but this is a huge decision. Make sure the service you pick is your best fit. My father was in the Navy and I looked there first, but the Navy bands were not for me. By the way, the Marine recruiters were the best. They were the most honest with me yet were still able to sell their program to me. I ended up choosing the Army, but those guys had my respect. They put it all on the table and helped me make an educated decision.

Best,

Alan Herold

Also, look to this thinks page to get to Navy Bands, Air Force Bands, and Marine Bands Online

Follow Ups: