new Dynasty large 4/4 marching 4-V tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on February 23, 2004 at 18:03:23:

This is the new Dynasty (manufactured by Weril) LARGE 4/4 marching tuba.

The obvious outstanding feature here is four pistons (!!!!).

The other noticeable feature is that this is strickly a "marching" tuba - thus more ergonomically designed for marching that "convertables".

This "contra" BBb marching tuba is based on the very high quality/very affordable Weril 980 large "concert" 4-valve 4/4-size BBb tuba.

In the past, some may argue that - though Dynasty's marching brass combined high quality (Weril-made) with lowest price - some market share may have been surrendered, due to the fact that the only choice of a large "full-size 4/4 contra" instrument in this line was a higher priced (albeit high quality as well) Swiss-made instrument. This is no longer the case. Here is a truly affordable large and very well-made/very good-playing BBb "contra" that preserves the price competitiveness of the entire line of Dynasty marching brass.

(I would like to apologize for the quality of this silver-plated-against-white-background pic. The original pic is a huge file...a very beautiful large picture...and this is the best job that I could do of reducing it into a quickly-downloadable file.) I'm willing to email the large file (picture) to anyone who might be interested in viewing it, or to answer any other questions regarding this model.

Follow Ups: