Re: Re: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Brekhus on January 02, 2000 at 21:26:52:

In Reply to: Re: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations posted by Sean Chisham on January 02, 2000 at 20:49:01:

I was talking with Mr. Fedderly the other day regarding a different horn, but the Hirsbrunner got into the conversation for some reason, and it turns out that it is sold.
The price on that Hirsbrunner was $10,800....way over the $6000.00 that "DDSuko" is interested in spending.

Why don't we suggest nice horns in the $6000 price range that "DDSuko" may be interested in instead of commenting on $10,000+ horns? That suggestion was not intended to offend anyone, including Mr. Chisham. Its just that "DDSuko" said $6,000 was the max as opposed to well over $10,000.

Suggesting that the type of horn "DDSuko" is looking for may be difficult to find in the $6,000 price range is fine, but why bring up a very expensive Hirsbrunner that "DDSuko" wasn't interested in anyway since the posting states that "I have narrowed my search down to three horns. The Meinl Weston 2155, the Willson CC, and the Kalison Daryl Smith." And just for the record, the $10,800 Hirsbrunner Mr. Fedderly had WAS a used horn.

My $.02

Thanks,

Tom

Follow Ups: