Re: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on January 03, 2000 at 20:26:56:

In Reply to: Tuba Major Horn Reccomendations posted by DDSuko on January 02, 2000 at 18:53:45:

I am going to agree with Sean and his post on this matter. Get the best horn possible if you are planning to do anything serious with it. Dont go cheap on yourself. I did this one time and am paying for it now by purchasing a new horn this week. There are many fine tubas out there I am sure , no you dont neccesarily(sp) have to get Hirshbrunner do to the fact that there are many other fine horns. Jay had a great idea with the Rudy,s. They are great tubas. The Meinl 2155 is also a great horn, in fact I talked to Matt W. at Dillon and he said they have some great one right now particularly serial #98 is the best one he has ever seen he said. Now I understand that you said $6000 is your limit and there are and I have seen some good used tubas in that price range, you just have to do some searching, dont rush. Check out Baltimore Brass , D. Fedderly he always has some great deals on used tubas. You said something about wanting a Kalison D.S., well he has one for sale at $4500 I beleive with case. I have never had the chance to play one of these but I dont really hear good things about them either.

Follow Ups: