Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumbo's feather?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on January 09, 2000 at 09:46:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumbo's feather? posted by Joe S. on January 09, 2000 at 01:35:38:

I'd be curious to hear what Dan has to say. I heard this same statement when I ordered two extra stands after the first two failed. To be honest, it seemed to me that the new ones I received (I purchased the extra ones two years ago) were identical to the first one I purchased. Knowing how the first ones failed, I was able to avoid doing the same thing with the new ones. I was also able to devise a fix for the first two so they are still usable. However, the retaining screw that holds the tripod base of the stand in place dents the center post, no matter how careful I am when tightening it. They need to make that center post a little stronger metal or design a non-friction based retainer for the base. Anyhow, despite these failings, the DEG stand is still pretty easy to use and the second batch I ordered hasn't had a single failure yet.

I'd bet for sure that the crick in your neck is from having to look at the conductor from such a sharp angle. We have the same problem in the pit and they fixed it by putting the first desks of strings on short risers to alleviate some of the sharp angle. Of course, some conductors give you a crick in your neck, no matter what angle you view them from... ;)

Follow Ups: