Re: Re: FINALE JAZZ FONTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake Willis on January 09, 2000 at 09:49:10:

In Reply to: Re: FINALE JAZZ FONTS posted by Go bend one! on January 09, 2000 at 00:15:56:

You know, I get tired of the attitude that computers are just for making music pretty. I am able to instantly change things on a computer that would take hours by hand. What about this post tells you, all-knowing one, that the poster is more concerned about looks than quality? How do you know that the jazz fonts were going to be used for jazz in this case?

If I so something that I care about, I do it with style in addition to substance. If I write something down in a restaurant, in my classroom, or in my head, I put it on the computer for ease of maniuplation and ease of reading. Do you write anything on computer? Do you care that it is legible? Do YOU care how it looks?

I find your post presumptuous. Yeah, you have a point about the perceived necessity for "jazz fonts," and the fact that jazz doesn't have to have a different visual style...music is music. But to unload here and now was uncalled for.

Jake Willis

Follow Ups: