Re: Cerveny 681 BB tuba any comments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carrie on January 13, 2000 at 19:45:16:

In Reply to: Cerveny 681 BB tuba any comments? posted by S.T on January 13, 2000 at 01:41:36:

I have played on a Cerveny BBb for a few years. Yes, it can dent easily. So just be careful. As for the horn quality itself, I am very happy with it. It plays pretty well in tune on its own, and seems to have a very clear sound (at least for me) in a pretty good sized range.

As for low notes (as someone previously mentioned), I can belt out a low E or D (the really low ones) quite nicely. That is obviously going to depend on you, the horn and the mouthpiece and how well you match up.

The only thing I think the horn lacks (and this has some to do with me as well) is a giant sound. I use it mainly for small to medium ensemble work, so a giant sound isn't something necessary to me anyways, just a satisfying big, full sound.

As always, try it and see how you feel with it. Consider what you'll be using it for. I found my Cerveny pretty versatile in high school and college, from large wind ensembles to tuba duets.

Follow Ups: