Re: Re: Matching question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on January 21, 2000 at 11:05:52:

In Reply to: Re: Matching question. posted by ken on January 21, 2000 at 09:37:37:

I have a 641. They are a much maligned horn, but mine is the best tuba I have ever played. I have played alot of them, too, so this is not a general comment. You will find that the valves can be a little sluggish, but mine seemed to work themselves out the more I played it. I play a Conn Helleberg(standard), but am not convinced this is the right mp FOR ME. The horn is easy to hold, but the 1st valve slide is a little hard to get to. Mine is so well in tune that I almost never have to use it. I have a Reunion Blues Gig bag(cordura), but, like Joe S, I almost always use the case, it has wheels, and while I am not terrified of hard work, I will always opt for the easy way. You will get alot of abject comments about this horn, and Yamaha's in general. I, too, sneered, but after playing 56 BBb tubas in a 3 month span, this was the best tube FOR ME. Some Yamaha 641's are dogs, mine isn't. Good luck and enjoy your horn. I love mine.

Follow Ups: