Re: Re: Re: Hey Joe S., can it be salvaged?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Gnagey on January 25, 2000 at 07:02:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Hey Joe S., can it be salvaged? posted by Swami on January 25, 2000 at 00:00:23:

I am the sucker, I mean new owner. I have an original Martin front action 4-valve set that I'll probably use on the horn, although I used a Wilson .750 set on one of my other 6/4 Martins with good success. So, I may consider getting on of those big German sets for this one too. As far as cutting it to CC-I may or may not. The very long straight run of both sides of the tuning slide just seems to beg for it. However, the one that I have plays so well in BBb that I may leave this one alone also. The other option that I have is to restore, since I have those parts available too. We'll just have to wait and see when I gets here. I predict that it will sound great, but have some strange pitch problems because of the too rapid flare in the 5th branch. I probably even have something lying around to replace that. I'll be able to tell a lot even with bypassing the valve set and playing it as a bugle. The answer to your question is that it will be salvaged!

Follow Ups: