Re: Euph comparison questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on January 31, 2000 at 14:38:23:

In Reply to: Euph comparison questions posted by A Guy in CA on January 26, 2000 at 12:35:16:

Hey Guy,

I've owned a Willson, and I currently own a Besson 967. I like the sound of the Besson much better than the Willson. The valves on the Willson are not only better, but they pay a little more attention to detail than do the Besson folks. I sent my Besson into the Besson repair facilities in Illinois to have some warranty work done (speeding up the valves) and they did a great job. The newest Besson Prestige is a Willson without the valves. It lost the Besson sound and is REALLY expensive. It seems to me as thought they are trying to convert Willson lovers over to Besson. It ain't worth the dough. Keep an eye out for the Meinl 451 if they can fix the big pitch problems. The horn blows great, has great valves, but is really out of tune. The Yamaha uses cheaper metal, so if you're buying a horn that you want to keep forever, don't buy Yamaha. If you like it and think you'll have it for a few years before unloading it for the next great invention, then by all means, give it a try. Meinls were $2,845 or so at the conference. Bessons are attainable for around $3,300 from Chuck Leven's Washington Music or the Brasswind. Have them compete for your business.

My .02 turned into 1.95

Take Care

Follow Ups: