PT-6 for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on January 05, 2001 at 16:40:26:

I hate to have to do this, but for the last five years or so, it only comes out of the closet for Tuba Christmas! My wedding's in April, and I need the bread!

I bought this horn back in the fall of '94 from Bob Tucci. I've since had a slightly smaller leadpipe put on that, as Bob put it, helped take some of the "bacon fat" out of the sound. The low register focusses very well, and the overall intonation is great. It's the rotary version, and the laquer's perfect except for some light lines in the bell where I had a small crease rolled out and around the leadpipe where it had to be touched up when I replaced it. Robb Stewart did the work for me. Ding-wise, there's a small one in the bell (less than 1/4"), and it oughtta be pretty easy to have rolled out.

As far as used horns go, it ain't gonna get much better than this. It literally has hardly been played. I'm asking $7K, and that will include a really nice top-loading gig bag and a couple of PT mouthpieces. It's in Southern California, if anyone wants to stop for for a honk. Please feel free to email directly if you have any questions. I will try to get some photos posted this weekend.

Follow Ups: