Re: Re: I just played

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on January 14, 2001 at 10:05:58:

In Reply to: Re: I just played posted by Jay Bertolet on January 12, 2001 at 23:17:52:

I have played a little on a Nirschl 6/4 back to back with my Yorkbrunner. To me, the Nirschl gave a more rewarding player experience as far as sound goes. The horn is physically lighter than the Yorkbrunner and vibrates very freely upclose. When I had some move away from me into the audience area, then Nirschl did not project nearly as easily as the Yorkbrunner. Just didn't seem to cut through as well.

I also felt the Nirschl had more intonation idiosyncracies than my horn. These may be attributed to me having played Hirsbrunners for a few years now and not being accustomed to the Nirschl blow. I am not sure.

As far as issues with my Yorkbrunner. It has that wonderfully flat as hell Eb just below the staff which is also present on the HB-21. I have never had problems on the HB-2P with that note. My horn is also terribly flat on C#'s and D's just above the staff. I use 3rd valve for the D and 23 for the C#. Apart from those three notes, the horn lines up pretty well and plays very evenly with a sound I like.

sean

Follow Ups: