Re: HB21

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HB-21 Owner for two years on January 15, 2001 at 15:30:05:

In Reply to: HB21 posted by tubatheorist on January 15, 2001 at 13:54:08:

Unless you have a particularly bad HB-21, there shouldn't be any MAJOR adjusments to be made. After all, that's why we spend more on the Hirsbrunner equipment in the first place,right...? My father owns an HB-2, and I own an HB-21. Other than the physical differences, I have found only a few MINOR tonal differences between the two models. For instance, my HB-21 has some minor intonation problems on notes above the bass clef staff. Yet my dad's HB-2 has a flat G for which I have to experiment with alternate fingerings (don't ask which G...there isn't a G on the horn that sounds up to pitch when you play it open). They both have the same basic sound when you put them back to back; furthermore, I don't really prefer one to the other. I have found that comparing the HB-2 to the HB-21 is making only small compromises. 6 to one half dozen, if you will. In fact, comparing our two different model Hirsbrunners is very similar to taking any other model tuba and comparing it to another tuba of the same model that was made a couple hundred serial numbers before it.

That's just how it appears to me.

Follow Ups: