Re: Transition fro BBb to CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on January 29, 2001 at 05:37:31:

In Reply to: Transition fro BBb to CC posted by RC on January 29, 2001 at 03:20:11:

I've never switched from BBb to CC. I did however switch from BBb to Eb. Also I sometimes will extend my 5th valve on my Eb and pull all the slides and put it in the key of CC and play that way just to see if I can do it pretty easy. I'd say if you understand the harmonic series, and understand the mechanics of how a tuba works (that if you depress the second valve it lowers the note a half step, first valve a whole step, etc.) then switching over isn't that hard. If you don't understand the harmonic series then ask someone. The harmonic series will help you figure out what notes are open, and understanding the valve operation will help you figure out the other notes pretty easy. I switched from treble clef to bass clef pretty easy this way, and also switch pretty easy from valve trombone to slide trombone mostly by understanding how the valves operated. So you shouldn't have much problem switching from BBb to CC.

Follow Ups: