Re: Re: Beta Blockers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin H. on January 03, 2002 at 11:19:05:

In Reply to: Re: Beta Blockers posted by bananas on January 03, 2002 at 09:07:02:

Bananas do work well. I'm not one to get nervous performances (my dad says I'm unusually calm before stuff I should be nervous for) but sometimes, the muscles in my left hand fingers stop working. I can't move them very well, but I can move my fingers in the left hand freely when I control them with the right hand (if that makes any sense). When I was at brevard, this started happening frequently (not neccisarrily during/before performances) so I went to the nurse (you guys, brevard has an EXCELENT nurse that knows how to solve ALOT of problems related to playing instruments, etc) and she said that eating more stuff with potassium such as banannas would solve the problem, (and drinking 8 glasses of water a day will do WONDERS especially if you're playing over 6 hours per day) so that day at lunch, I put a couple bananas on my tray....and it solved the problem almost instantly. So now, whenever this happens I just pop a couple bananas in my mouth and it fixes everything.

Austin

Follow Ups: