Re: All things being equal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie on January 11, 2002 at 19:16:11:

In Reply to: All things being equal posted by Bill W. on January 11, 2002 at 15:05:09:

A good large Symphonic Band, not a small wind ensemble like I am playing in now. 80 to 110 pieces.

I love orchestra music and parts but they are just too few and far between for me. I like to be playing all the time and not all band music is boring. Alot is and at the local community concert band level I agree with you on bad music. The group I play in now plays very hard music and very well orchestrated and very good and big and full. We play alot of band orchestrations and transcriptions done by Randol Bass and this guy is our conductor and man can he write and orchestrate. We just did Casey at the Bat done to the poem and the Marine Band did it on tour. Nice piece and nice tuba parts. All of the music Randol is good for tubas and low brass. My only complaint now is that I don't get paid for playing in this group but what a large symphonic band and a great place to play.
We play all of our concerts at the Meyerson.

We are bringing Steven Mead and Pat Sheridan down for a July 6th concert. If you are in the area around that time near Dallas, come on down.

We are doing a John Williams concert in June to coincide with the new relaease of the new Star Wars Movie.

If there are any tuba players near or in the DFW area and want to play with us we could use a couple more tubaplayers for the upcoming concerts. We have 4 now as it looks.

Devin played with us on the Halloween concert and his comment was, this is harder than all state.

Love it. We have one of the most awesome low brass sections. 8 trommmmbones, 7 to 8 french horns and 4 to 6 tubas. BAnd averages 70 to 95 depending on time of year and what we are playing.

Come check us out.

Email me or call me 214-597-9305

Follow Ups: