Re: Re: Rent to Own Tuba? Or Not?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on January 17, 2002 at 17:05:25:

In Reply to: Re: Rent to Own Tuba? Or Not? posted by Steve Tweed on January 17, 2002 at 12:27:51:

You know what is (not) funny? There are a lot of people who think that this kind of thing is just the way you do things. Like, you "knew" he was only going to give you part of the money, ahead of time, because that's the way people do things. The rest of it was just hot air, buffoonery on your part. He probably feels slighted that you would actually sue him, like it's not his fault, etc, you wouldn't have given it to him for $250 if you actually expected more than that. Makes you want to choke 'em.

Someone tried to buy a horn from me once almost exactly like this....the teacher, whom I had studied with, let the student try a horn I was selling. Then she came back with a "deal" on the horn....I would sell it to him, on time, for $400 les than I was asking for it. Believe it or not, she was pissed off that I wouldn't do it. I sold it later for pretty much what I wanted, a straight cash deal. It took another year or so to sell it, but I didn't get involved in having to chase a deadbeat all over town with a bazooka.

MA

Follow Ups: