A great case expert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew Lee Tucker on January 18, 2002 at 01:56:46:

I had ordered a case from Walt Johnson for my horn. But I needed some special modifications done for the purposes that had intended it for. I called Walt after I releazied that I was going to need this done and I did not have much time. He said that he would be happy to help however he said that it might be good to see the horn and the gig bag and the case. He wanted to see this so that he and his staff could figure out what would be the best way to slove my problem.
I made plans with him to come out while I was out in that part of the world. However, it happened that it turned out to be a day when his tuba case expert was working in LA. He called and left a message to see if he would come out sometime that night to help me with my problem.
The nice man came out at 8pm and worked until 1am fixing and adjusting my case. He totally redid the inside. I was able to pick up my case the next morning.
Walt and his company were every eager to help me and listened to my suggestions as far as what I look for in case. He is very concerned about everything from wheels to latches and even using a citrus sealent so the inside of the case will not smell like glue.
The walt johnson cases are far superior to any other case on the market in the protection durability and overall conveince. I say the last comment about conveince because some tuba players try to go with anvil trunks and those are nice but when you have to fly, a case by Walt is the way to go. You show up at the airport and you would need a roadie just to help get the trunk to the ticket counter. Then the next question of how much are they going to try and charge you for this huge trunk. Some airlines and some ticket clerks might not but on the whole you would be looking at 75 dollars there and 75 dollars on the return trip.
With the medium size case that most solo horns will fit, you will not be charged by any of the following airlines: American, Delta, Continental, Southwest, Airitalia, Sabana, and lufthansa.
I wish you all well in your travels but remember to take care of your horns.
Tucker

Follow Ups: