Re: Re: european tubas+ American(style) tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on January 21, 2002 at 18:37:12:

In Reply to: Re: european tubas+ American(style) tubas posted by Arnold S. Gottlieb on January 21, 2002 at 16:33:12:

And the sad thing about all this is that evry orchestra in the world is starting to sound the same. I love the instrinsic sound of a Russian, German, Austrian, Hungarian, or French orchestra. I for one am sorry to hear everyone sounding the same. If the Viennese ever stop playing those wonderful French horns, I will lose all hope for the individuality that makes all music so wonderful. As to the question, up until the early 70's, every region of America had it's own distinct sound regardless of the instruments. The east coast had one way of playing, the mid-west another, and the west coast yet another. I treasure my recordings of American orchestras up to the early 70's. That was when you could actually tell what orchestra was playing by the sound of their brass sections. Now, every orchestra sounds the same. Sorry to get off the point, but we have lost some of the spirit of music by "Applebyizing" our product.

Chuck "Maybe The Luddites had a good idea" Jackson

Follow Ups: