Re: I need some help (sorry, kinda long)...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Wiseman on January 23, 2002 at 11:53:04:

In Reply to: I need some help (sorry, kinda long)... posted by Dave on January 23, 2002 at 02:00:02:

>> My feeling is that with some of the "artistic" c-rap that qualifies for funding these days...

Well, since you would be producing a CD of beautiful Chirstmas music instead of bashing Christianity with some profane work of art, I'll bet you won't get any help from the federal government.

Two suggestions though:

1) Approach Yamaha for funding. They've got the bucks and I'll bet Self knows who to contact.

2) Approach all of the many large corporations headquartered in the Los Angeles area or have major operations there. I would also try the corporations around San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Most will have some one in charge of corporate giving/sponsorship you can contact.

If you had thought of this before your TubaChristmas, you could have asked the participants if they had any ideas. You know that guy in the back who doesn't play very well -- he's a vice president at Occidental Petroleum and could easily order a check cut for your project.

Mark

Follow Ups: