Re: Re: Re: CB50 FOR SALE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Marcus on January 27, 2002 at 19:21:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: CB50 FOR SALE posted by Sean Chisham on January 27, 2002 at 13:40:55:

Sean, I also think that it's a fair question to ask a seller. Certainly, it helps to determine the condition of the horn. But it also confirms whether the horn will fit your needs by learning how well it did or did not meet the original owner's needs.

If the horn being sold is a student- or medium-grade horn, it may be self-evident that the original owner is ready to move up to a pro horn. But when the horn being sold is already of pro quality, more than curiosity may need to be satisfied in asking why the owner is letting go of such a fine instrument.

When I purchased my 4/4 Nirschl CC tuba, the former owner explained that he had enjoyed playing it in small and large ensembles. But he was buying a 6/4 horn to concentrate exclusively on orchestral playing, so he no longer had a need for a 4/4 CC. This was a sensible explanation that eased any doubts I may have had about why someone would be selling a horn that retails new for $9800. He got the funds he needed to buy a 6/4 horn, and I ended up with an excellent tuba that I love to play.

Follow Ups: