Re: How did you get your start?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaKitten on January 27, 2002 at 21:08:11:

In Reply to: How did you get your start? posted by Doug on January 26, 2002 at 21:36:41:

Well, it all started with our house inspector actually!! He came to inspect the safety of our house and I played the electric organ & guitar at the time, he saw all the instruments lying around and asked if anyone played in band or anything....

Nope. But he put me on the idea so I followed a friend to band practice one night, and what do you know.... I returned home with a baritone ..... Seems that was the instrument they needed in band that time, and since I hadnt really made my mind up of what to play yet, I thought "cool...ill; try it!"

After a year or so on the baritone, there turned out to be a shortage in the tuba section, and my band conductor, who was also my baritone instructor, asked if I would like to try it .....

So I swapped my baritone for a tuba and I never even once considered swapping back!!
Tubas rock!!! :)

That was 14 years ago, and I had a 4 year break and just got back into playing, I had no idea how much I had missed it until I got a tuba back!:)

Kat

Follow Ups: