Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All those F tubas for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A G in V on February 01, 2002 at 11:30:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All those F tubas for sale posted by the Guy in CA on January 31, 2002 at 20:11:27:

I'll take your word for it. Even that, though, has to be balanced against the many positives that have been attributed to that individual. Of course you are right, though: There is no excuse for uncivil behavior, even from a person who is the model of wonderfulness 90% of the time.

But the same ton of bricks has been heaped on his successor, in my opinion without basis (and without those private emails of which you speak, I'd bet, except to just find out what are the rules), and on your friend, also without basis. You've even had a brick or two thrown at you for recommending your friend too frequently. Both have had to curtail their participation to a fraction of the levels from before when they were sales guys, though I can't tell much difference in the sorts of things they said. It is a pity; one is a highly experienced and skilled pro with fabulous insight not only into playing but also in being a professional, and the other makes most if not all his living teaching privately, with real insight into what works for young players.

And other people who do sales see the loud reaction (which may or may not reflect consensus) to those two or three, and avoid putting themselves in a position to attract those flames. I think they are smart to do so, but I also miss their insight.

Follow Ups: