Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VMI 3301

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on January 03, 2003 at 12:53:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: VMI 3301 posted by c'mon Mark Charlie on January 03, 2003 at 12:15:29:

In answer to you question if i think it is appropiate to sell a tuba with out having played it first, the answer is NO, and Ialmost never did that. In fact almost all of the horns I sold while i was there weree test played by the customer who ended up buying them. I sold a few horns that were mail ordered, but I did have one guy in California that wanted a horn that had NEVER been played on, still in the factory wrapping. In that case, I followed his wishes.
What complicated things while I was there was that the brass "pro shop" was a 20 minute drive away from the warehouse store, but yet on 3 instances the customer and I climbed in my car and drove to the warehouse to uncrate a few tubas until we found one that he liked. When charlie was there, the tubastore was located in the same building as the warehouse. Still had to fight with the warehouse guys to get a tuba for you, but at least they were a little more easy to get to.
To put it in a nutshell, BM is total crap, and they take every opportunity to screw you out of money. I though I could change that using the liberties they give you as a salesman, but as soon as they recognized what i was doing, they promoted a trumpet player into the tuba salesman role because he was more loyal to the company philosopy.
There is a reason their nickmane here is "Crook Mays"

Follow Ups: