Re: Condensation in Compensating Euphs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Jones on January 10, 2003 at 22:04:25:

In Reply to: Condensation in Compensating Euphs posted by Heather McDown on January 10, 2003 at 21:51:46:

I too play a Willson 2900. I know the problem you are speaking of. I've found that there is no real solution to the problem. The reason for it is because when you are not playing the instrument whether it be in your lap or in a case/bag, the moisture in the horn drains to the 4th valve, mostly because of the valve. Here's what I do. I take the 4th valve cap off completely when not using (in a case or gig bag whichever you prefer...gig bag for me) and when I get the horn out, I wipe down the stem and put the valve cap back on. Also, you need to always have a spare set of felts with you. ALWAYS. Order 2 or 3 sets of felts. This can get expensive, but it works. And if you keep the horn in good shape and do this, you should only have to replace felts every couple of months or so on that valve. So you can buy a set of 4 valve felts, and use them all for the 4th valve for a while. It's actually a pretty good deal. You can get them from DEG music. Email me if you have any further questions. I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Follow Ups: