Re: Re: Re: need some help weighing options

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dick on January 15, 2003 at 19:55:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: need some help weighing options posted by Different Advice on January 15, 2003 at 17:42:20:

My wife and I are looking into the Air Force for our nephew, although not as a musician. We learned the Air Force may help pay off up to $10,000 of your college debt. The recruiter also said, however, the amount they "pay-off" is ducted from your "GI Bill" benefits after you leave the service. The Air Force seems to do more than the other services to help you get a college degree. I recommend you spend some time with a recruiter, the college degree is vital to your future.

One last thing. I played tuba with the 101st. Airborne Division Army band. It was a hoot. They sent me to the Naval Academy of Music and I traveled all over yhe map with them. Within the band, we had a jazz group, a 40's "Big Band", two rock & roll bands. I made extra money on our time off playing in dance bands. I loved it. No other band would have been so much fun. It has been 35 years since I was in but more than 20 of us still stay in touch. The military experience lasts a lifetime.

Best of luck,
Dick

Follow Ups: