Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The E-Bay HOLTON

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on January 16, 2003 at 19:14:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The E-Bay HOLTON posted by Jay Bertolet on January 16, 2003 at 18:41:52:

what amazes me are the dicks who consider their prowess with sniping, or even their "special software" (whatever the hell THAT could be) almost an entitlement. I must have gotten a hundred negative e-mails from people when I stopped an auction for a 184 early 2 or three years ago. The amazing part was that the buyer, after offering me a thousand dollars more than my (unpublished reserve) bitched me out on this forum a couple of years later for "selling him crap" that was "unplayable." The recording oof our quintet doing the Zindars quintet, Malcomb Arnold, AND 1st Ewald (all on ONE program!?!?) sounds pretty good to me though, and I am no crackerjack player by ANY stretch of the imagination. whatever.
I think sometimes the term "auction" for e-bay is a misnomer, as with real auctions the item closes when people STOP bidding. So in this sense, e-bay operates more like a by-mail sealed-bid "auction"....where sellers open the letters after the stated postmark date has passed, and the high offer wins.

Follow Ups: