Re: Re: Re: Re: cimbasso & boosey f

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on January 17, 2003 at 20:19:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: cimbasso & boosey f posted by try again on January 17, 2003 at 19:31:12:

Sad to admit this: I don't know what happens.

The pic loads perfectly on my working computer (the newest on my network), whereas it crashes my older back.up computer with an older version of IE.

This might seem like a plug, but that is not the intention.

The picture of Chuck's cimbasso (after its restoration) together with another, pre-restoration, picture can be found at

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/yorkmasterpublicphotosiii/lst?.dir=/Orsi+upright+piston+cimbasso+in+Eb

However you have to join the free, open, and non posting yahoo group linked to below here.

In the files area of that group you can find the most recent index of the collection of brass pictures, that I have uploaded. There are hundreds of instruments illustrated with thousands of pictures and some scans of catalogue, that are not readily available more. The collection does not measure up to any scientifical standards. My main source is the pictures found by monitoring several international brass auctions. I do not steal pics from other available collections like the Dutch tuba site or from the sites of makers or dealers.

If there is a trend, then that I currently try to document the wast number of pre-WWII makers in especially Germany. I recently found illustrations three instruments made by an obscure maker in the Black Forrest. They are being sold now after having been stored since 1960, when the "Trachtenverein" (traditional clothing club), which they belonged to, folded.

There also are some of my own instruments represented, but as I don't photograph myself, that happened by sheer accidence.

You got a much longer answer, than you asked for. Sorry for that!

Klaus

Follow Ups: