Re: Re: Re: How's the Mirafore Compensating EEb?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Solms on January 17, 2003 at 22:54:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: How's the Mirafore Compensating EEb? posted by Scott Norberg on January 17, 2003 at 15:50:55:

Scott, I'm glad the Mirafone works for you- I know opinions on horns vary a great deal. I do want say a couple things about Steve Sykes, though. I have had the pleasure of spending some time with Steve. In addition to being a staggeringly good player and conductor, he is also a fine judge of Indian food, fabulous storyteller, all-around nice guy and funny as all get out. One of my dreams is to put Steve and Don Harry together at a table with an unlimited supply of really good beer and just sit back and listen.

Steve once performed the most amazing bit of playing I've ever witnessed. Prior to playing a solo with our band, he was warming up in the corner of the "green room" (in this case a hockey rink locker room). He was playing so softly that you almost had to stick your head into the bell to hear him at all. Every attack was precise and his tone was rich and full even at that barely audible level.

Follow Ups: