Re: Re: BSO winner

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy on January 28, 2003 at 11:15:49:

In Reply to: Re: BSO winner posted by anon on January 27, 2003 at 21:44:03:

I, too, was curious about Mr. Roylance's resume, so I did a rudimentary search to see what I could find. All of this information is gleaned from posts on this site, and seems to be accurate, but there could be some inaccuricies.

According to the posts I read, he seems not only to be a highly respected player, but also is thought of as a heck of a nice guy by those who know him. He attended the University of Central Florida (along with Chris Olka, and others), and apparently also taught at UCF. While in Florida, he was a free lance player in Orlando with a spot in the All American Marching Band at Disney World until budget cuts eliminated the position.

More recently, he was in The Chicago Civic Orchestra, at which time he performed with the Minnesota Orchestra as a last minute sub. Mr. Roylance has also done well at several of the more recent auditions, including advancing from the second preliminary round at SFSO, and was a finalist at Portland.

He has been in the thick of things throughout the BSO audition process, and was one of several players (who, coincidently, were the other three finalists) that played with the BSO over the summer and fall, including a televised broadcast performance of the Rite of Spring.

Anyway, that's what I found. Please join me in wishing him tremendous success in his new position!

Follow Ups: