Re: BSO

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Audition Experience on January 29, 2003 at 09:34:33:

In Reply to: BSO posted by Chuck jackson on January 29, 2003 at 00:32:20:

I was fortunate to have been invited to the prelims. The process up to getting onto the stage and back off again was good. I had plenty of time to warm up at the hall and was left alone by everyone there, the staff included. Before going on the stage, the Asst PM was very polite and friendly, asking if I needed anything (more time, something to drink, ect.) Once on the stage, the personnel manager kept the audition moving smoothly and I felt like he did a good job of just letting me play and not rushing through the list.

Once I was off the stage I had a chance to speak with him about the audition and he offered his assessment of the playing and thanked me for coming. Yeah, I know, they always say that, but he it was nice nonetheless.

The main thing I learned is that you must prepare everything 100%. Don't guess what you think might not be asked, because they'll definitely ask you to play that one. That's what happened to me and I paid the price. It was definitely a bad time to be taught a lesson, but it was worth it.

I was not prepared the best I should be. End of story. No audition fixings. No man behind the curtain. I was not prepared.

Follow Ups: