Re: Re: What REALLY happened in Boston

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on January 29, 2003 at 15:23:48:

In Reply to: Re: What REALLY happened in Boston posted by dp on January 29, 2003 at 13:29:14:

The problem with forums like this one is not that it is tuba players (or horn players, or or or) but that the immature and the nut cases are equal players. I visit this forum for fun, as a break while I'm at work, and I don't access it on weekends.

With an un-moderated forum this is what you get. There are two email (french) horn lists. On one of them, there are constant flame wars, mostly perpetuated/started by one highly educated but IMHO literally narcissistic personality who has The Only Right Answer to every single question. People who post the usual questions, like "how do I improve my high range" are ridiculed, insulted, even spattered with profanity. The other horn list is moderated, has attracted some of the best, most intelligent, most competent, most courteous horn players in the world, and the rest of us get to enjoy not only what they write, but also communicating back and forth. I have wonderful email friends the world over because of the horn list.

So no, this is probably not the best site that can be mustered, but someone would have to do the mustering. I'm glad Sean has this board; I have learned a lot despite the blooey posts. It would be nice if he had the time to moderate it, but he has to allocate his personal time as he sees fit.

MA

Follow Ups: