Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: York 4valve Sousa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jOeS on February 01, 2003 at 18:27:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: York 4valve Sousa posted by Could it on February 01, 2003 at 17:28:47:

To me, Pan Am and Conn are synonymous, except from trim, braces-sturdiness, and the occasional smaller-bore Pan Am.

Some very old XXXXX and earlier XXXXXX Conns had these fairly-similar-to-York-but-not-quite-like-York flanges. I've got some left over junk in a drawer from a large Conn Eb with these flanges.

The sousa on the auction is EXACTLY (coating of dirt and all) like one I bought out of an estate sale of abandoned town-band storage left in a deceased doctor's estate's out-building. I refinished it, rebuilt the valves, and sold it to the school that my daughter attended. I repaired it again many other times as they damaged it over the years. I've had a pretty good look at it over the years.

Klaus owns one of these, too. I suspect that he can probably identify a Conn-made sousa.

The very old King gooseneck-and-bit (maybe York gooseneck, but probably King) has nothing to do with the rest of it.

THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS POST: I don't think I'll be buyin' it. Why am I talkin' about it? Maybe this would be a good acquisition for BRUCE'S SOUSAPHONE HEAVEN.

Follow Ups: