Modern Concert EQ

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by M.M. Carrasco on January 03, 2004 at 23:07:18:

Good Evening Folks,

I'm watching a David Bowie televised concert - Reality Tour and see some interesting gadgets David and the band are using. All the players are using completely in the ear headphones. I don't see any monitor speakers on stage (the signal presumabably fed through the earpiece) and the keyboard man has the charts on a TFT display. It looked like the score was auto-scrolling too! I know that Bowie prides himself as a being a techno-geek and admittedly, I don't go to many "pop" concerts any more.
I'm curious if many bands these days are using this type of sophisticated equipment or is he cutting edge this way? Interesting to ponder the possibilites, no? Bring a server with the entire quintets book - with all the parts, some transposed or alternate parts. Displays with backlighting so they can be easily seen, won't blow off in the wind. A playlist pdf file that can be used to print the program..... or take newsletter addresses and CD orders. What have y'all seen out there? Just ask me about my ideas for pagers and PDAs!.......

Moises

Follow Ups: